Anyone who wishes to understand fiber optic base Telecommunications networks and those intending to learn the practical skills associated with optical fiber networks construction & Management.
FTT(x) Network Designers, Planners, Senior Engineers, Project Mangers, Field Engineers, Quality Control Engineers, and field technicians.
This highly interactive training program on Fiber Optic Networks; provides the essential practical & theoretical knowledge necessary to work in today’s diversified telecommunications industry and is a preparation module to appear for required FOA certifications examinations.
Program provides necessary underpinning knowledge of handling Fiber Optic Cables of types Single, Ribbon and DROP, techniques of FOC Splicing – AC Fusion & Mechanical, Cable, Pigtail & Patch cords scheduling in FO Network Elements, Handling different type of Connectors, FOSC, Mini ODF. and DROP Closures.
Through this state-of-the art training program participant/s will gain knowledge to work in a fiber optic network environment and can develop themselves for advance levels.
After passing this course, technicians will be competent enough to construct, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of optical fiber networks of both internal and external structures.
The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Develop training participants who are able to understand concepts, structures & Technologies of Telecommunications Fixed Networks – Access & Core, Metro & Long-haul
2. Participants to gain knowledge of Passive Optic Networks elements OLT, Splitter, ONT, Last Mile Connectivity, Customer Premises Terminals & Devices - Placement, Applications, Formats & Functions
3. Participants to understand FTT(x) Network Environment - FTT(N), FTT(P); FTT(H), FTT(B), FTT(M), SFU, MDU, SBU, MBU & CBU
4. Participants to get clear understanding of Fiber Optic Cables Types, Structures, Construction, Classifications, Applications, Handling Techniques – Loose Buffer Tube, Single & Ribbon, Flexi, Indoor, Outdoor, Pig Tails & Patch Cords,
5. Participants will get the knowledge of Fiber Optic Network Cable Connectors, Fiber Distribution Hubs, Main & Access Distribution Frames, Splice & Joint Closures, Underground Drop Closures, Mini ODF, FTB’s & JB’s - Types, Construction & Applications
6. Participants to know Fiber Optical Access Network Budget Losses & Management, OSP Cable Network Deployment standards, Ducting Solutions, Micro duct Formation & Applications
7. Participants to gain knowledge of GPON Technology & Transmission Principle, Services through FTTH Networks
- FIBER OPTIC NETWORKS
• Telecommunications Fixed Networks – Long-haul, Metro, Core & Access.
• Passive Optic Networks [PON] – OLT, Splitter & ONT placement & functions.
• Fiber Optic Core & Access network, Last Mile Connectivity, Customer Premises Terminals & Devices.
• FTT(x) Environment – FTT(N) & FTT(P).
• FTT(x) Network Commercial Environment - SFU, MDU, SBU, MBU & CBU, Home & Business Pass, Double & Triple Play services.
• FTT(H) – Access Network Structure.
- FTT(H) - GPON TECHNOLOGY
• Passive Optical Network [PON] – Technology Comparison.
• GPON Defined & Standards.
• GPON Key Technologies, Services & Solutions.
• GPON Principle – Up & Downstream Data.
- FIBER OPTIC CABLES - STRUCTURE, FORMATIONS & APPLICATIONS
• Fiber Optic Cable – A Connectivity Solution.
• FOC Structures - Multimode & Single mode.
• FOC Design Structure - Underground, Overhead & Tight Buffered.
• Single & Ribbon Cables, Loose tube & V-Grove Structures.
• FOC – DROP, Standard ADSS (All-Dielectric Self-Supporting).
• FOC - Color Coding Scheme for single & Ribbon Fiber.
- FIBER OPTIC ACCESS NETWORK – CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS & TERMINATIONS
• Fan-out cord / break-out cord.
• Pigtail & Patch Cords.
• FC, SC, ST, LC Connectors.
• Color Coding – FO Connectors & Flexi cables.
- FIBER OPTIC CABLE PREPARATION [CLASS ROOM HAND-ON PRACTICE]
• Fiber Optic Network – Test Equipment & Tools Handling & Usage.
• FOC Preparation for splicing.
• FOC - Single & Ribbon Fiber Color Coding Scheme.
- FIBER OPTIC CABLE SPLICING
• FOC Splicing Techniques - Fusion & Mechanical.
• FOC Cleaving Process – Single & Ribbon.
• Fusion Splicing – Single & Ribbon.
• Protecting Splice Fiber.
- FIBER OPTIC SPLITTER CLOSURES – FDH & FDT
• Definition & Applications.
• Indoor, Outdoor, Wall Mounting, Underground, & Aerial FDH Structures.
• Outdoor/UG FDH - Cable Termination & Scheduling.
- FIBER OPTIC SPLICE CLOSURES, CABLE TERMINATION FRAMES & BOXES
• FOSC – Types & Applications.
• FOSC – Structure & Cable Scheduling.
• DROP Closures.
• Optical Distribution Frames - Main, Access & Mini ODF.
• FO Termination & Junction Boxes – Customer Premises.
- FIBER OPTIC NETWORK DUCTING
• Outside Plant - Cable Network Deployment.
• Conventional Ducting.
• Mini & Micro Ducts Structures & Applications.
• Micro Duct Solutions - Direct Buried/Trenching, Hybrid Direct Buried, Aerial, Indoor [Plenum & Low Smoke Zero Halogen].
• FTT(x) Cable Protection Systems - Micro-tubing Systems.
• Cable Protection Multi Duct - Flat liner.
• Cable Protection Multi Duct - Tube Distribution Closure.
- FIBER OPTIC CABLE & NETWORK SAFETY
• Health & Safety.
• Tools Safety.
• LASER Safety.
• Fiber Disposal & Glass Fiber Handling.
• Liquid Storage.