Negotiators at all levels, – purchasing managers, sales managers, general managers, etc., and anyone involved in high-level buying and selling.
Advanced Negotiation Skills examines ways to enhance your negotiation outcomes and reviews the latest ideas and techniques in negotiation. By focusing on the ‘value of the deal’ and examining the different issues that interfere with successful outcomes, you will be able to ensure greater success and longer lasting relationships from your future negotiations.
Key issues covered include: the importance of excellent planning, how to set your own objectives, knowing when to ‘walk away’, and understanding the key tactics employed by top negotiators.
This two-day program uses experiential role-play exercises to emphasize the key themes. After each exercise, there is a detailed debriefing and trainer input, before moving on to the next exercise. Each delegate undergoes continuous improvement through this highly interactive program. They will receive feedback from those they have negotiated with, and from observations made by the trainer.
This format works exceptionally well, and participants find it an enjoyable and challenging environment in which to develop and enhance their negotiating skills.
The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Learn how to effectively plan a negotiation.
2. Understand the critical role of the BATNA and the ZOPA.
3. Explore techniques for overcoming deadlock.
4. Learn how to deal with difficult people.
5. Learn the tactics employed by top negotiators.
• The key skills of top negotiators.
• The five outcomes of negotiation.
• Negotiating styles.
• The climate for negotiations.
• Planning to succeed (including using a negotiation planner matrix).
• The elements of a negotiation plan.
• Identifying key objectives in your negotiations.
• Knowing your BATNA.
• Batna ‘rules’ in negotiation.
• The role of the ZOPA.
• How to expand the ZOPA?
• Deadlock and how to overcome it.
• Your style in conflict situations.
• Rights, power, and interest in your negotiations.
• Dealing with difficult people.
• Some tactics of top negotiators.
• Dirty tricks and how to handle them.