The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is the first of two PRINCE2 qualifications required to become a Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner.
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
- The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification will teach you the PRINCE2 principles, terminology and when qualified you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
PRINCE2 is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for.
This course would benefit:
Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers
Other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
Operational line managers/staff
Delegates should have some understanding of Project Management but there is no formal pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification.
By the end of the PRINCE2 Foundation classroom course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
This course follows the 2017 syllabus and includes the following modules:
What is a project?
Structure of PRINCE2
Starting up a project
Directing a project
Initiating a project
Managing a stage boundary
Controlling a stage
Managing product delivery
Closing a project