The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. To increase self-esteem and confidence when dealing with difficult situations.
2. To be able to identify your own behavioral style and that of others.
3. To learn the difference between aggressive, passive, and assertive behaviors.
4. To learn how to use a variety of assertiveness techniques.
5. To improve communication and interpersonal skills.
6. To have the opportunity to practice new behaviors in a safe and supportive environment.
- What is ‘assertiveness’?
• What it is not.
• Why we need it.
- Behavioral styles.
• What are the indicators of each style?
• Understanding how to adapt to each style.
• Practicing how to build effective relationships.
- Communicating effectively.
• First impressions.
• Body language.
• Verbal communication.
• Listening skills.
• Assertiveness in communication.
• How to be assertive.
- Assertiveness techniques.
• Positive inner dialogue.
• ‘fogging’ .
• The ‘broken record’ technique.
• Discrepancy assertion.
• Negative feelings assertion.
• Saying ‘no’ constructively.
• The desc script (describe, explain, say, commitment).
- Transactional analysis: understanding how and when to use it.
- Workable compromise.
• ‘win: win’.
- Choosing different techniques to handle difficult situations.