The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Set clear guidelines for effective communication.
2. Consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the multicultural workplace of the Gulf region.
3. Understand different behavioral styles and learn to modify your behavior to achieve best results.
4. Understand how to stay present ‘in the moment’, ‘listen for intent’, and influence your listener positively.
5. Learn how to communicate effectively when the stakes are high, and how to neutralize arguments effectively.
6. Understand how to give and receive constructive feedback to build better relationships.
7. Demonstrate assertive behavior.
- What is effective communication?
- Factors affecting communication.
• How a message flows.
• Barriers to communication and how to overcome them.
- The dynamics of face-to-face communication.
• Body language – ‘The Hidden Communicator’.
• Tone of voice.
• The power of language in communication.
- Ensuring effective two-way communication.
• Developing good listening skills.
• Asking the right questions.
• Transmitting your message accurately.
- The effectiveness of good written communication.
- Understanding different perspectives and viewpoints.
- Communication styles and the appropriate use of them.
• The differences between aggressive, assertive, and passive behaviour.
• Assertiveness techniques.
- Behaviour style analysis – amiable, expressive, analyst, driver.
• Knowing your style.
• Understanding others’ styles.
• Adapting styles to interact better with others.
- Building the best relationships by making use of powerful communication techniques.
- The JOHARI window.
• Know yourself.
• Know how to build relationships with others.
• How to use feedback techniques to develop better relationships.
- The use of emotions as a source of valuable information.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Assessing your own performance through feedback and reflection.