This course is designed for middle managers, senior managers, managers-to-be and any individual who is in a leadership position, or aspires to be in a leadership position at the workplace.
This program focuses on coaching and mentoring from setting goals and managing performance to review. It provides the right set of knowledge, skills, and tools, for a successful development of self and others.
It introduces delegates to more effective ways to impart others, drive their growth and build their skills.
Throughout this program learners will become aware of their coaching and mentoring styles as well as different coaching and mentoring models and frameworks. They will also be able to conduct individual and group coaching sessions where they can help team members recognize problems and find solutions.
The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Using coaching and mentoring as strategic techniques of team management.
2. Acknowledging the difference between coaching and mentoring and applying each accurately based on the situation.
3. Assessing team members’ strengths and weaknesses.
4. Tailoring coaching and mentoring approaches to suit individual development level and learning styles by using the right skills at the right time.
- Why do we need coaching & mentoring?
- Coaching - what is coaching?
• Characteristics of an effective coach
• Types of coaching
• Six ways to start coaching
• Designing a coaching program
• Skills for effective coaching
• The GROW model
- Mentoring - what is mentoring?
• Mentoring within organizations
• Informal mentoring
• Formal mentoring
• Characteristics of a great mentor
• Planning a mentoring program
• Characteristics of a successful mentoring program
• Potential obstacles