The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Identify the key activities that must be managed to ensure project success.
2. Understand all the steps involved in developing a new project, from beginning to end.
3. Identify and understand the importance of key people in every project.
4. Learn and develop the skills to create a complete project planning document.
5. Learn how to establish project deadlines.
6. Learn and develop the skills associated with effective project quality management.
7. Know the processes required to achieve timely completion of a project.
8. Identify, assess, and control risk throughout your projects.
9. Identify the Estimated Monetary Value (EMV) of a risk.
10.Accurately identify the total project cost.
11.Measure the progress of a project and estimate the cost at completion, by using Earned Value Management (EVM).
12.Identify the key activities and components of successful project progress meetings.
- What is ‘project management’?
- Features of a typical project
- The role of the project manager
- Project stakeholders
- Project success factors
- Stages of a project
- The project charter
• Scope statement
• Order of magnitude
• Setting objectives
• Project feasibility
- Cost/benefit analysis and investment appraisal
• ROI (Return On Investment)
• Calculating Payback Period
• ARR (Annual Rate Of Return)
• NPV (Net Present Value)
• IRR (Internal Rate Of Return)
• DCF (Discounted Cash Flow)
- Identifying project risks
- Project approval
- Project plan
• Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
• Activity matrix
• Network diagram
• Project time management
• Critical path analysis
• Gantt charts
- Templates for project presentations
- Project quality management
- Project risk management
• Risk magnitude
• Estimated Monetary Value (EMV)
- Project execution
- Project change management
• Scope change vs scope creep
• Project meetings
• Monitoring and understanding budgets
• Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Project close-down
- Negotiating basics in projects