Leaders of all levels, supervisors, managers, and future managers as well as senior leaders and executives.
This program aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools they need to inspire positive action and excellence in others. It guides them to bring the best in others for a more productive, efficient, and profitable team.
The program also helps learners lay the foundation of organizational growth through developing others and inspiring them. The program focuses on enhancing learners’ skills in the below fields:
• Leading & managing others
• Self & time management
• Communication & influence
• Coaching skills
• Team building
The program focuses on the following objectives:
1. Acquire a clear understanding of the attributes of an effective manager.
2. Gain an insight into delegate’s current leadership and influencing style and helpful tools for identifying areas for ongoing development.
3. Build an awareness of the traps and pitfalls that can lead to management failure and the strategies for avoiding them.
4. Gain a clear understanding of how to manage individuals, groups, and tasks more effectively.
5. Acquire enhanced communication and time management skills.
6. Learn about a comprehensive framework for future development.
- Define ‘Management’.
- Get your staff on ‘The Road To High Performance’.
- Six reasons for failure as a manager.
- The management wheel.
- The functions & responsibilities of management .
- Key management tasks & competencies.
- Being a proactive manager.
- 'Managing’ vs ‘doing’.
- Understanding the concept of competencies.
- Management theories.
• Henry Fayol’s 14 principles of management
- Adapting your style
- Your leadership style – self assessment
- Leaders vs. Managers
- Habits of effective leader
- The challenge of leadership
- Action-centered leadership
- Leadership strategies
- Understanding motivation
- Key motivators & demotivators
- Dealing with demotivation
• Why is good communication important?
• How a message flows
- How do we communicate in business?
- Assessment – analysis of time spent using different communication methods
- The five ‘C’s
- Barriers to good communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Using questioning techniques
- The active listener
- Communication media & information richness
- Effective corporate communication
- Importance of body language – non-verbal communication
- The JOHARI window
• Supportive & corrective feedback
• Guidelines for giving & receiving feedback
• Some helpful strategies for giving feedback
- Key rules for effective communication
- Hindering & helping behaviors for effective communication